Prior to becoming a full-time author, I worked as a print journalist for newspapers and magazines. That experience plus my fiction work writing for multiple publishers has led to a lot of experience with editing copy. I have used that experience to line edit and critique for fellow authors. I also have line edited for publisher Thomas Nelson.
What You Can Expect
If you choose to have me edit your chapter, partial or full manuscript, the following will be included:
1. Line edits for spelling, grammar, and punctuation
2. Critique for continuity, characterization or plotting issues
- $2 per double-spaced page if I edit on hard copy and mail the edited pages back to you
– $3 per double-spaced page if I have to type in the edits using Microsoft Word’s Track Changes function
If you are interested in my editing services, please contact me using the Contact link above.
“If you’re looking for an editor, I highly recommend Trish. In particular, she is an outstanding copy editor. She also has a strong eye for story development and lots of experience in the publishing industry. She makes an outstanding partner in the writing-editing-publishing process!”
– Beth Pattillo, author of Jane Austen Ruined My Life
“I’ve recommended Trish’s services to all of my writer friends. She has a unique way of showing writers how to improve their craft, regardless of what level they’re at. Trish edited my very first manuscript with a gentle and guiding hand. A year later, I had a signed contract for my first publication.”
– Cynthia Gail, author of Winter’s Magic
“As a beginner writer, Trish’s comprehensive critique was invaluable to me. Her remarks were always framed in a positive way, and supported and improved my writing skills. Thank you, Trish!”
– Darcy Flynn, author of Keeper of My Heart
“Quick turnaround, straightforward notes, finding all the nit-pickies and asking big-picture questions, all while being competitively priced. I will definitely use Trish again.”
– Mara Jacobs, author of the Anna Dawson’s Vegas series